CURRENT DRUGSTORE SKINCARE FAVES
Over the years, I have learnt so much about skincare and the importance of following a diligent routine. From exfoliating scrubs to masks to toners, I have tried every product that promises to give you soft, baby-like skin. In this post, I have listed some of the top drugstore skin products that I use to take off my makeup.
1) Neutrogena Naturals Makeup Removing Wipes: This is the first step in removing my makeup. I start by using this to get rid of most of my makeup. It's amazing how the Neutrogena Natural wipe helps me get rid of layers of makeup including mascara and lipstick! Out of all the drugstore brands, Neutrogena has to be one of my favorite drugstore brand as it is the most that I reach out to.
2) Biore Blemish Fighting Ice Cleanser: Step 2 is using a great cleanser. After you have got rid of the first layer of your makeup, it is important to make sure that most of it has left your skin. A good cleanser is of utmost importance as it helps remove any leftover grime. I just use one pump and work it in circular motions all over my face till it forms a lather. After I massage it for about 2 minutes, I rinse my face with warm water.
3) Eau Roma Water: The Eau Roma toner by Lush Cosmetics is by far, one of the best toners that I have used. I spritz this over a cotton pad and go over my entire face to make sure there is no foundation/makeup residue. The natural oil along with rose and lavender extracts are great to calm the skin and you just end up feeling rejuvenated instantly.
4) LA Roche Posay Rosaliac AR Intense: Now, I've mentioned how problematic and sensitive my skin is. I have not had clear skin in a very long time now and using an anti-redness serum is a step that I just cannot skip. The La Roche Posay products are highly recommended by top French Dermatologists and I have been using this specific one to eliminate the redness. I haven't seen a major difference (probably because my skin also reacts if I have too many milk products, pssst) but all I do is apply this right before my moisturizer.
5) Neutrogena Oil Free Moisturiser/Truself Organics Ocean Minerals moisturizer: Oil-free moisturizers are great for acne-prone skin as they aid in reducing the redness without being too greasy. The Neutrogena moisturizers are the ones that I reach out for the most after natural brands like Cetaphil, Eucerin etc; This stuff is so light and non-greasy that sometimes I just forget that I have a moisturizer on! Usually at night I will apply the Truself Organics Ocean Mineral Moisturizer after I exfoliate my skin. The consistency of this is a little thick so a pea sized amount is usually enough.
6) H2O+ Brightening Eye Cream: After hearing so much about adding an eye-cream to your routine, I decided to give this one a go. The 20s is the right age to start including an eye cream to your night routine because this will produce less wrinkles and fine lines when you are old. The H20+ Brightening eye cream may not be a drugstore version but this works brilliantly. A little bit goes a long way in this case as the consistency is quite thick. I just apply this under my eyes at night so my eyes looks less puffy the next day.
What are some of your drugstore skin care favorites? I'd love to know them!